Friday, June 22, 2012

Product Face off: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows VS MakeUp Forever Aqua Creams

For the longest time Benefit Creaseless Cream shadows have been my favorite cream shadow, but I had heard a lot about the Make Up Forever Aqua Creams and really wanted to try them out. I finally bit the bullet and purchased two of them and have tested them out for the past two weeks.

L to R: Birthday Suit, Pot O' Gold, R.S.V.P., Skinny Jeans;;  13, 15



Both shadows are extremely pigmented and creamy. They both apply very well and blend fairly easily. The Benefit CCS blend a little easier and I think that is due to the fact that they don't have the waterproof feature that the MUFE Aqua Creams have. Because the MUFE Aqua Creams are waterproof, I feel that they set a lot quicker which makes them a little more difficult to work with when trying to blend two together.

L to R: Birthday Suit, Pot O' Gold, R.S.V.P., Skinny Jeans;;  13, 15
Both brands are very long lasting, but I find that over time the MUFE Aqua Creams tend to crease a bit. It might be because the humidity where I live has been out of control, but the Benefit CCS don't crease at all, even when worn at work. They both can be used on their own or as a base under powder shadow. The MUFE Aqua Creams do tend to last a bit longer in general due to the fact that they are waterproof. They only come off when I use my makeup remover before I wash my face at night.

I haven't had an issue with the CCS drying out at all yet and I have had most of them for almost a year now. Since I just got the MUFE ones not too long ago I can't attest to the longevity of the product in the pot. I do think that the packaging might have something to do with it and since the MUFE are in plastic I worry where as the CCS are in glass. 

I love both of these products and really want to try more of the MUFE since I have 4 of the Benefit ones. I think the MUFE Aqua Creams are perfect for the summer since they are quick, easy and waterproof, but my favorites are the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows. I will always love these.

No comments:

Post a Comment