Friday, February 24, 2012

Going on a Trip: My long weekend getaway makeup necesseties

I am going away next week for a long weekend to Vermont and I figured this would be the perfect time to do a travel makeup guide. This will be a compilation of the products I feel are necessary for my makeup needs.



  • Makeup Forever HD Foundation (I am in shade 117)- Since it is so cold and windy in the area of Vermont I will be in I need a hydrating foundation that has a lot of coverage. My face is red enough as it is, so anything I can use to cover that so only redness from the cold and wind show through is perfect
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder- Best powder to set my makeup. I use it mostly for my concealer though.  
  • Urban Decay All Nighter- This is a must have no matter where I am going or what I am doing. I love this setting spray and I don't really need a primer when I use it with the MUFE foundation. 
  • Benefit Erase Paste- My favorite concealer. It covers my dark circles so well, which is good for the long nights out I will be enjoying. 
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion- No brainer. 
  • Urban Decay Naked2 Pallet- I love this pallet so much. It is perfect for every day looks and since I will need a look to go from day to night this will be the perfect pallet to bring with me. I love the combination of Bootycall all over the lid with Tease in the crease. To amp this up for night all I do is add Busted to the outer corner. 
  • Lush Lip Scrub in Sweet Lips & EOS lip balm- This is what I need to keep my lips from getting chapped and cracked. The combination of the scrub and the balm are perfect for amazingly soft lips.
  • Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine- This provides SPF, moisture and a little bit of color. I don't have to worry about reapplying lip color and I don't need a mirror for it. The Baby Lips are effortless and since I will be spending a lot of time outdoors it is perfect for my trip. 
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara- The best mascara ever. It lasts all day and doesn't flake. It makes my lashes look full and long and I just love it. 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero- Best eyeliner ever. Period.
I am super excited for my trip and I can't wait to see how all of this works out for me. I also get to try the Naked2 pallet and see if it is the one I want to bring with my when I go to Vegas in May. I am pretty much having an all out battle between Naked and Naked2.

No comments:

Post a Comment