Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 2012 Beauty Favorites

I figure the first post back should be a favorites. It has been a while, but I have really been using a lot of the same products since the colder weather has hit my area and doesn't seem to want to quit. :)

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation- I discovered this when I was looking for a good, inexpensive alternative to my Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation. I love the coverage of it and it feels very lightweight. It also blends beautifully into the skin. I find it to be quite buildable which is good for the redness in my cheeks and the acne that has developed on my chin and mouth area.

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara- This mascara is a great mascara for every day. It is very natural looking which is good for work or school. I've never had a problem with it smudging and it makes me look like I have so many lashes. I adore it.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed- I am obsessed with this blush. I have worn it almost every day for two months now. Since it is getting warmer I have been wearing more of a dark lip and because of it I like the toned down eyes a cheeks. This is perfect and if I don't want to use a separate contour this works beautifully for that on me as well.

theBalm Mary LouManizer Highlighter- I love, love, love this highlighter. It is a bit glittery so you have to be extremely careful with applying it, but it gives the most beautiful glow. My skin is dry but gets exceptionally dry in the colder months so this gives me the look of wonderfully hydrated skin.

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm- Again, since my skin gets really dry in the colder months so do my lips. I love this lip balm. It is extremely hydrating and I feel like it really helps the health of my lips. It does have an SPF of 25 too so that is an added bonus.

Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie- I can't exactly pull off red lips well, or at least I don't think I do, but this is a great deep purplish pink that can come off red. I love the way it looks and it has been my go-to for a bold lip.

Urban Decay Naked Pallet- I am a big fan of both of the Naked Pallets, but I usually grab the Naked2 more frequently. Lately I have been loving a look from the original Naked pallet for every day. I have been wearing Half Baked all over the lid and I put Buck in the crease. If I want a little more drama I will also use Darkhorse to deepen the crease or outer v area of my eye.


What is your staple makeup product for the winter time?
xoxo Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment